Custom Branded Subdomains
JangoMail has a few options for your From Address so you can control who the recipient sees as the sender. One option is to use your own company domain and handle all incoming replies. Another option is the custom subdomain, which allows you to retain your own branding and still take full advantage of JangoMail's robust message handling.
When you use the custom subdomain, JangoMail can handle your bounced messages and all replies automatically. This lets us capture and display data to your reports and send only the replies that cannot be automatically handled on to you for individual response.
How To Get Started:
- Pick the subdomain you want to use. Something like: news.mywebsite.com. You can be as creative as you want here. Remember, this becomes part of your From Email Address:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create the subdomain. Have your domain administrator create this subdomain for you in your domain's DNS settings. Your domain administrator should set the MX record for only the subdomain to point to mail.jangomail.com.
*Important: Do not change the MX record for your main domain. We do not want to interfere with your main email. We only want to receive all email for the subdomain itself.
- Ensure the SPF record is set up. Your domain administrator can create an SPF/SenderID record for your subdomain. This will help improve the deliverability of your mass emails. SPF is an open standard that fights email address forgery and makes it easier to identify spam and viruses. We encourage all of our customers to publish an SPF record for their domain. To do so, create a TXT record for the domain equal to:
"v=spf1 include:jangomail.com -all"
- Ensure the DKIM record is set up. Your domain administrator can set your domain up for DomainKeys/DKIM implementation. This will help improve the deliverability of your email campaigns to receivers that authenticate email messages based on these technologies, like Yahoo! and Gmail. To set your domain up for DomainKeys/DKIM signing, you must first create a key pair within JangoMail under Settings → Sending and Receiving →DomainKeys/DKIM, and then add a record to your DNS server. More detailed information can be found here.
- Next, contact JangoMail at https://www.jangomail.com/Support or 937-701-7140 to tell us what subdomain you have created. We take it from here.
- JangoMail will test the subdomain to make sure the DNS entry is functioning properly.
- We will then configure your account to use your subdomain and test it to confirm proper function.
- Once you have confirmation, begin using your email@example.com as your From Address for campaigns.
|Read more in depth with our resources.|